Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Keep the Bees?

I sign off with "Keep the Bees" which is a clever quip that I came up with a few years ago. It was the name of my Gold Award project in Girl Scouts. It means "beekeeping" as well as "be environmentally friendly so that we can keep bees on Earth". For my project, I taught families in my community how to keep bees. It was tons of fun and taught me a lot about presenting, budgeting, and communicating. The phrase stuck with me as well as the lessons I learned.

So, Keep the Bees!

I found the article published about me back then (I won the #1 Micro Eco Award):

http://www.diablomag.com/Diablo-Magazine/May-2011/From-Micro-to-Macro-2011-Eco-Awards/

Here is my picture that was in the table of contents of that issue:


I was honored to be featured in such a terrific magazine. My one minute of (micro) fame.
Pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment