Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

About me

A little bit about me and my background.

I have been beekeeping for 8 years. My family has been "urban farming" for quite a few years by growing fruit trees, herbs, veggies, and keeping various animals on our one acre of land. We stumbled upon beekeeping by receiving a hive from our neighbor. My dad was hesitant at first, but then before we knew it we were beekeeping! It was confusing at first (especially for a 12 year old) but quite interesting. I have loved beekeeping and honey bees ever since. It actually led me to becoming a Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems major at UC Davis. I love learning about nature, the environment, human impact, sustainability, and food!

I will be posting about connections of sustainability to what I'm doing in Jamaica. My goal is to work as an intern, to learn, and also to make connections. Connections with people, with nature, and with ideas. I am guessing I will also post news articles, websites, and funny pictures. I find them constantly and am looking forward to posting them in a place that can be enjoyed by those interested.

Keep the bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment