Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pictures!!!

Ok, here is what you have been waiting for. I have been here a day and have done so much that I want to share.

There was a bee day with summer camp kids today: (that's me on the right)
 Me beekeeping with the kids, we opened the hives and just showed them all the bees, comb, and honey inside:
 Some of the kids showing off the bees:
 Set-up of the top-bar hives, they are numbered:
 The back view of my cabin, walking up from the beach. There are lots of different plants growing around:
 The path going up to the town area from our cabin, we went up to buy tomatoes and garlic:
 The pathway leading away from the kitchen:
 The youngest of FIVE boys eating watermelon (adorable):
 The view of the ocean from my bed:
 KITTEH (so tiny!):
 Breakfast this morning was green beans, dumplings, etc
 My cabin, my bed is on the right with a window view of the ocean. Mosquito nets are very handy at night, we have to make sure they are tucked in tight!
 The porch of our cabin (ocean in the background):
 My cabin:
 View of the ocean from our porch:

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! This is such a beautiful setting. Thank you for posting about beekeeping in Jamaica and I can't wait to learn more about what you are doing. I especially love seeing the children from the day camp there and learning about the bees...and no gloves (wow!). They're braver than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is really great here. It was too hot for gloves, even for me. I got used to it pretty quickly becuase the bees are relatively calm. Yay!

      Delete