Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 28: Propolis and visitors

Made a propolis tincture today! The family had a ball of propolis in the freezer that they had collected. I made a propolis tincture with rum and shaved propolis. Basically, I grated the propolis finely and added it to about 5in of rum in a rum bottle. Then, I let it sit out in the sun all day. It is supposed to be really good for you for many reasons including minerals, anti-inflammatory etc.
The shaved propolis:
 The rum bottle with rum:
 Me grating the propolis:
 The mixture:
We had a pretty slow day today because we had some visitors come to stay.
Here is a picture of a tiny lizard:
I also went to the beach with lots of local people today. Later, I made more sugar syrup but the kitchen was full of ants. Kwao said that means it might rain soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment