Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 33: Relax

Today was a day off so I pretty much just relaxed. I did lots of reading about, what else? Bees and beekeeping. It is convenient to ask any questions I have to Agape or Kwao. I am learning a lkot from Michael Bush's book. No kidding when he titled it The Practical Beekeeper. He basically has a conversation with the reader, answering questions based on his 25+ years of beekeeping experience. It stands apart from most bee books becuase he does not answer questions with explanations or descriptions of bee behavior. Most books go into the biology of bees, the history of beekeeping, and the basics moving into a "philosophy" on beekeeping. With Michael Bush, there is no fluff. Just straightforward answers. Sometimes, I find that I do not understand or follow certain terms (such as "dipping equipment") but eventually figure it out. So far, I have liked reading about alternative methods to beekeeping such as top entrances and using essential oils.
The internet went out yesterday which was interesting. Inconvenient for those that had to send e-mails but  also a relief to stay away from Facebook I have to admit...Back online, anyways. The past three nights it has rained with thunder and lightning. It has jarred me awake and frankly scared me. When I told Kwao this in the morning, he told me that this was nothing and laughed. The rain is good for the crops and the soil here.

No comments:

Post a Comment