Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 38: Wicker

I began the slow process of taking out the braids from my hair. I got some help in the beginning, but then was left on my own. It took a few hours and both my hands so I spent that time reading. I had to feel around for tiny braids and untangle them from the mess that was my now-curly hair.

 I went with three of the boys to collect wicker from the bush. We walked down the road into the bush by the ocean in order to search for wicker vines. Then, we cut the vines and bundled them up to carry home. We also went out to the "point" to look over the cliff at the ocean.

 The long vines of wicker that we collected:
Wicker has many uses including covering furniture or making items like baskets or jewelry. We then had to strip the wicker and bundle it up again:
 
My hair when I finished unraveling all of it:
 Visitors:

No comments:

Post a Comment